But, it’s us, the Canadian public, that really need the courage to change. According to a new Angus Reid poll, 25 per cent of us want to impose a Trump-style travel ban, and over 40 per cent say we are accepting too many refugees. Let’s be clear–this is bollocks. As of last month, Canada has accepted 40,081 Syrian refugees. That’s one refugee for every 857 Canadians. Imagine you’re at a huge wedding and on your third trip to the open bar. A Syrian kid comes in a side door and sits down. Are you suddenly feeling too crowded? Worried there may not be enough booze? Frightened? If you answered yes to any of these things, you’re simply a fool.
- NAFTA in play: What’s at stake for Canada-U.S. trade
- Family caught crossing border illegally was ‘scared’ of Trump gov’t
- UN says it is monitoring Canada-U.S. border situation
- Can U.S. customs officers legally search my phone when driving across the border?
- A refugee flood? Pull yourself together, Canada
- NAFTA in play: What’s at stake for Canada-U.S. trade March 6, 2017
- Family caught crossing border illegally was ‘scared’ of Trump gov’t February 28, 2017
- UN says it is monitoring Canada-U.S. border situation February 11, 2017